Pacitti Company & Special Guests (UK)
Thu 29 Oct 2015
Fri 30 Oct 2015
Sat 31 Oct 2015
Sun 01 Nov 2015
A THREE SCREEN VIDEO WORK EXPLORING ISSUES OF DISABILITY AND POWER STARRING ANGELA DAWN WRIGHT, ROWAN JAMES, GIOVANNA MARIA CASETTA & TONNY
Moving Mountains is an installation of arresting images and a dark soundtrack, that distil a public response, from and on behalf of disabled people, to experiences of prejudice or assault – big or small, subtle or overt – that take place pretty much daily. But this does not mean it starts from being victims, and in the words of one participant, “fuck your sympathy”. The work starts with a question: whose responsibility is it to deal with instances of oppression faced by disabled people. Or rather, people who are disabled by a world that ‘others’ their physical or mental realities?
Pacitti Company was formed in 1990. Since then it has continually produced award winning international group and solo performance works, under the artistic auspices of Robert Pacitti, for a range of theatre, gallery and site specific spaces worldwide.
- Concept & Direction: Robert Pacitti
- Performance & Co-devising: Angela Dawn Wright, Giovanna Maria Casetta, Rowan James, Tonny
- Performed British Sign Language: Caroline Smith
- Camera: Deveril
- Editing: Deveril, Robert Pacitti
- Part of Moving Stories, a New Wolsey Theatre Agent for Change Project funded by the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation, created collaboratively by We Are Ipswich