Mem Morrison (UK)
Thu 01 Jan 1970
19:00 and 21:00 // 70mins // £10 & Part of SPILL Passes
EMBARK ON A MOONLIT EXPEDITION THROUGH A FRAGMENTED LANDSCAPE IN THE COMPANY OF LUMINOUS.
Built around an album of original songs that explores our fundamental relationship to the moon; this immersive 3D spatial soundscape combines atmospheric electronics with traditional instruments, arresting visuals and live performance created in collaboration with a host of local people.
With album sleeve in hand, Mem takes you on a song cycle to the moon and back in the unique surroundings of the Norman Foster designed Willis Building. In a time where the vinyl album is making a heroic return Luminous offers a moment to pause and listen in a universe that spins too fast.
Internationally acclaimed Mem Morrison returns to his electronic music roots, fusing performance art with music in his own innate style. Over the last two decades, Mem has created projects for theatres, galleries and site-specific spaces, his work expanding his own memory and personal history to reflect a wider universal human experience.
- Luminous is a Mem Morrison Company production.
- Supported by the National Lottery through Arts Council England.
- A SPILL Commission.
- Research, development and pilot Commissioned by Birmingham Repertory Theatre, Birmingham Weekender and Norwich Arts Centre.
- With support from DanceEast and Artsadmin.
- Mem Morrison is an Artsadmin Associate Artist and Escalator Music Artist