Diana Damian will be leading a group of SPILL Writers across the 2014 Festival
Do you want to develop your critical writing skills? Are you interested in writing about a wide range of challenging, radical live work? Do you have an interest in critical writing processes and formats? This is your chance to be a 2014 SPILL Writer.
This year’s edition of SPILL takes the theme of ‘On Surrender’ and will take place from 29th October – 2nd November in Ipswich, Suffolk across a variety of venues in town.
SPILL is looking to convene a small group of emerging writers to work with SPILL Writer in Residence, Diana Damian Martin, to critically and creatively respond to SPILL. The Writers will operate across the Festival, viewing and responding to over 100 uncompromising live works and contextualising events. Starting from this year’s theme, the group will explore and deconstruct approaches to critical writing, work collaboratively to identify practical and critical routes through the programme and make their outcomes public.
There will be a package of professional development support for each Writer, including:
• Travel, accommodation and a bumper pass to see work at SPILL 2014
• Training opportunities including: support and advice from Diana Damian Martin, creative investigations of critical writing practices and processes, group writing sessions and peer reviews, individual feedback on your writing
• Introductions to national and international artist and presenter networks
• Your outcomes and work published on the SPILL Festival website
• Opportunities for future publishing
• A post-SPILL one-day Writers Retreat in the Pacitti Company Think Tank, Ipswich.
For more information, and to apply, download the information pack here.